I wanted to add more specific questions (especially for my fellow special ed teachers) I think every teacher should ask at an interview ...
- How long will my planning be?
- What materials are already available in my classroom? Very important! Don't
take a job with no/shoddy materials unless they promise to purchase more.
- Can I meet my assistant? (if applicable)- not getting along with someone
who shares your classroom everyday can be a nightmare!
- What committees will I be expected to serve on?
- What is your philosophy of special education? If you feel like they would
be cool with a question like this throw it back at them towards the end of
the interview. You need to know how your administration views the subject
and the kids you teach.