Paula Diekhoff, Preschool Teacher
Easy, fast, hands-on activity for introducing or reviewing the letter X.
- 4 yardsticks
- 2 pieces of colored construction paper (could be scrap paper)
- Divide the class into 2 teams.
- About five feet from each team, place a piece of colored construction paper. You may want to tape the paper to the floor so it will not move.
- Lay a pair of yardsticks on each piece of paper.
- At the signal, the first team member runs to the sticks, makes an X out of them, then runs to tag the next player.
- The second player takes the sticks apart. The relay continues as team members "make and break the X."