Roxanne Rohlfing, third grade teacher
The students will write acrostic poems and pattern reports.
The student will understand facts about foxes so that they can write acrostic poems and pattern reports.
Two 1-hour sessions
The student will be reading books about foxes. They will use the internet to find facts about foxes. After finding the information they will make a data bank about foxes using these headings:
The students will use this information in the following
- The most interesting thing about ___________________
- They eat ______________________________________
- They live ______________________________________
- They have _____________________________________
- But the most interesting thing about ________________
Is that they _____________________________________
The students will also make an acrostic poem using the letters FOX.
The students could make a “Fact or Fiction” Book. On one page make a statement and the next page tell whether the statement is fact or fiction and why.
FACT OR FICTION?
There are several kinds of foxes. Foxes include the Arctic Fox, Gray Fox, Red Fox
Copyright 1999 by Roxanne Rohlfing. All Rights Reserved.