Spelling Basic Sight Words
K, 1-2, 3-5
Sebrina, LD resource grades 1-7 teacher
This lesson is developed for students who have difficulty remembering spelling words.
- Puffy Paint
- Basic Sight Spelling Words
- The teacher or the student uses puffy paint to write each spelling word. It is vital that the words and written very neatly in manuscript writing.
- After paint dries, 10 to 15 minutes, the student begins by reading the first word.
- Then the student traces each letter with his/her finger while he/she says the letter. Student continues until each word is traced. Student repeats 2-3 times.
- The student is assessed by a spelling quiz.
I found that this lesson is very successful with students who have auditory and visual processing delays. These students tend to do better if they are give kinesthetic and tactical activities to complete.