Debbie Haren, preschool teacher
Counting and sorting different types of beans.
- A bag of ten bean soup beans
- A large container such as a container to put Christmas bulbs in or a cupcake baking pan.
- Pieces of paper to write numbers on to put in the holes.
- Take the beans and put them into a large container.
- Have students learn what kind of beans each are.
- In the large container put pieces of paper in the holes with a number and a certain kind of bean. Such as 6 lima beans.
- Put all different numbers and kinds of beans in as many holes as you have.
- You can also just have them sort them by different kinds for younger children!
The kids love playing with the different types of beans and they always remember the different kinds you had!