Amy, Kindergarten Teacher
Students make snow goggles to complement their studies on snow and winter.
- Book - Sadie and the Snowman or any other winter book
- egg cartons
- string or yarn
- other odds and ends for decoration, buttons, glitter, etc.
Read the book listed or any snow/winter book. Talk about the seasons. Talk about when you go outside in winter what do you wear. Is it cold or hot?
Make Snow Goggles
You can also talk about activities you can do in the snow.
- Cut two sections one for each eye out of ordinary egg carton.
- Tie them together at the nose ( make a half circle nose bridge out of scrap carton) with soft yarn or string.
- Attach a string on each side long enough to tie together at the back of your head.
- Cut small circles in the middle of the eye lenses to see out.
- Decorate the goggles with feathers, glitter, beads, feathers, etc.
This is great! The kids love it. Take a picture with all of the children and their goggles on....it is fantastic!