Stacey Mitchell, Kindergarten Teacher
As a literature extension activity for Lois Ehlert's book Snowballs, have students create their own snowpeople for a striking classroom display!
- Book: Snowballs by Lois Ehlert
- Various materials for making snowpeople, described below
- Provide each student with 3 precut circles in various sizes to use for the base of their snowperson.
- Provide an array of materials for the students to use for eyes, arms, facial features and clothes including buttons, bead, ribbons, twigs, colored forks, bread tags, fabric scraps, beans, pipe cleaners, old ticket stubs, construction paper and other items mentioned in the story.
- Each snow person will be unique.
- Mount them on blue construction and display during the winter season.