Students create drawings of their family or house with coloured shaving cream.
To encourage painting with hands for kindergarten and brushes for Grade 1 and thus get used to hand painting practise.
Materials: shaving cream
washable finger paint
plastic spoons, for stirring
painting smocks for each child
- Put a 1/2 cup of shaving cream in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of washable liquid paint.
- Stir with plastic spoon and leave out for kids.
- Put several paint brushes in every color you make.
- Remind the kids to keep the paint brushes in the correct color of paint.
- Now have the kids put on their paint smocks and get a piece of paper to paint on. They can paint whatever they want or they can be given a theme such as paint the people in your family or paint your favorite toy or paint your house!
- Let the pictures dry, and then write a simple sentence at the bottom telling their parents what they painted!