Musical Chairs Review Lesson Plan
Preschool, K, 1-2
Christine Shenocker, Five Towns College Grad Stude
A fun and exciting way for your students to review what they have recently learned by playing musical chairs.
- Children will identify letters, shapes, sight words, vocabulary words (you can use this for whatever lesson you have just completed).
- Children will for vocabulary words give a brief meaning of the word.
Paper, markers, chairs and music
- Place chairs in a cirle.
- On each chair have a piece of paper with a different letter, shape, sight word or a vocabulary word that you have just completed teaching your class.
- Instruct the children to move from chair to chair when the music starts.
- When the music stops, have each child stop and face the chair they are in front of. Each child will have a turn to say what is on the paper and than we play again.
This is a fun way for your students to review what they are learning. I use this review in my Pre-K class with letters. I call it the ABC Musical Chair Game. The children get excited to play and this motivates them to learn the letters that they may have trouble recognizing.