Jeanette Delgado, 1st & 2nd Grade English Teacher
The students will be able to identify colors, days of the week and vocabulary related to school objects. Great for ESL.
- Read the story.
- Prepare a lunch box with construction paper for each day of the week.
- Identify the things that you find in each picture.
Example: On Tuesday we can see dinosaurs, frogs and leaves.
- They can make a collage of different things they will like to hold inside the lunch box.
- They may write sentences about each day of the week.
- At the end you could have a lunch box party and sharing time, with all the students of your first grade.
I teach in Puerto Rico where English is a Second Language, and this story really help my first grade students learn new vocabulary, review days of the week, and colors.