Children will match rhyming picture cards.
- Set of rhyming word picture cards.
- Musical timer - Playschool makes a series of small magnetic timers that play a short song, such as Itsy Bitsy Spider and the ABC song.
- I do this when my children are seated at their tables. There is no talking during this activity.
- I hand out about 3 or 4 pairs of rhyming picture cards.
- Each child is to keep his picture a secret until the music starts.
- I say, "Stand up if you have a card. When the music starts try to find the matching rhyming picture that someone else is holding."
- Children walk around and look for their match.
- The first ones to find a match bring it to the teacher.
- Time is up when the music ends. New matching cards are given to different students to play a new round of the game.
Copyright 1999 - Tricia - All Rights Reserved.