Amy Fesler, Kindergarten Teacher
Students create a display of a rainforest animal and its habitat.
To learn the simple concepts of the rainforest and its inhabitants. Create a 3-D rainforest using one of the animals learned about.
- colored paper
- file folder for each child
- lightweight cardboard
- Use crayons, markers, paints and colored paper to illustrate the layer of the rainforest that the animal lives in the child intends to use on the inside of a file folder.
- Make the background tropical. Encourage the children to use all colors.
- Close the file folder and make a pop out by making two cuts approximately one inch apart and about three inches long. The teacher may need to do this. You can do this before the children color their background.
- Draw a picture or use run off animals on the light weight cardboard.
- Cut the shape out after coloring it and glue it to the pop out square.
- If you have room, you may add another pop out and animal.
These are great for display!