Rabbit's Good News Activity
Introduce students to the signs of spring with this book by Ruth Bornstein.
- Rabbit's Good News by Ruth Lercher Bornstein
- Coffee filters
- Washable markers
- plastic cups
- paper towels
- clothes pins
- pipe cleaners
- Read the story "Rabbit's Good News" by Ruth Lercher Bornstein
- During the story ask for predictions of what the rabbit will find next.
- Discuss what the things the rabbit finds in the story have in common. (They all are things associated with spring.)
- Make butterflies for a bulletin board or to hang around the room.
- Use washable markers in bright colors to color the coffee filter and clothespin.
- Children should place their names in the middle and not color the middle.
- Fold the coffee cleaner in half 3-4 times and place the tip in a cup of water.
- Secure with clothespin and watch the water climb the coffee filter.
- After the coffee filter is saturated place on a paper towel to dry.
- Once dry take the clothespins and place in the middle of coffee filter creating a butterfly.
- Use a pipe cleaner to make antennae.
Any other springtime craft can be used with this book.