Quackers for Crackers
Paula Diekhoff, Preschool Teacher
A fun large motor activity! Great to use during letter Q week.
- 2 chairs
- 2 (twelve-hole) muffin tins
- one saltine cracker for each child
- Divide the children into 2 groups and have them sit on the rug in teams. This is a relay.
- Place the chairs about 5 feet from the relay teams.
- Place a cracker in each muffin slot, enough for each team's members.
- At the signal, a child must waddle like a duck and quack as she/he goes to the tin to get a cracker.
- Then, the child walks back to his/her team and tags the next player.
- Continue until all have secured a cracker.
You should have seen the kids giggle and laugh when the teachers first demonstrated this activity!