Scented Cool Whip Painting
Debbie Haren, preschool teacher
To use scented flavoring and new textures to paint with.
- cool whip
- cake sprinkles
- flavoring such as peppermint, banana and coconut
- paint brushes or Q tips
- paint smocks for each child
- finger-paint paper for each child
- Take small bowls and put two spoonfuls of cool whip in each bowl.
- Then put in either sprinkles or flavoring in each bowl. It might be better to put in the flavorings with the students so they can see the cool whip change color and you can talk to them about the color and smell.
- Put all bowls out on the table and let the children decide what flavorings or sprinkles they want to try first.
- Have the students paint a picture with the cool whip. They can decide if they want to use a spoon, their own finger or a Q tip to spread it on their paper.
- The children can be encouraged to try to write their name in
the cool whip on their paper. Let them taste it too, of course!
- Let dry and either send home or display on the wall at the school.
- Have fun!
Can get messy, an adult needs to be sitting at the table with the kids at all times!