Ice Cream Colors
Amy Fesler, Kindergarten Teacher
This is a great motivational tool as students learn their colors, as well as a nice classroom, bulletin board, or hallway decoration!
Students will recognize colors and color words.
- Brown construction paper ice cream cones (for everyone in the class)
- Ice cream scoops of all the other basic colors or more
- During this learning activity, read several color books. There are a ton out there. Who Said Red, A Rainbow of my Own, etc.
- You may choose to focus on a new color each week starting with brown. the student will get to put up the ice cream cone when he or she learns brown.
- For each additional color the child learns, add a new ice cream scoop to the cone.
- When all students have learned all their colors and color words, have an ice cream party!