The House That Drac Built Haunted Houses
Amy Koch, Kindergarten Teacher
Build a haunted house out of a paper bag, shapes cut out of construction paper--attach the childs address--helps in learning their address.
- The House That Drac Built
- 1 lunch bag for each student
- large square for roof
- different shapes for decorating
- newspaper or something for stuffing bags
- Have each child decorate their haunted house.
- Have them draw on it, use shapes, add ghost etc...
- When the child is finished decorating their house stuff with paper and attach roof by folding square in half and stapling to the top of the bag.
- Write the child's name and address on the roof.
- When the child learn their address, they may take home their haunted house.
This lesson can be done with the book--The Little House, A House is a House for Me, etc... I reinforce shapes, the letter H, and colors with this project. The kids love it.