Find the Heart
Debbie Haren, preschool teacher
Game that requires children to hide and then search for the heart.
- Construction paper - tear, then laminate it
- A piece of tape
- Cut out a heart from construction paper.
- Then laminate the heart.
- Then tape or staple a piece of yarn to the bottom of it.
- Explain to the kids you are going to play hide the heart.
- Every one hides their eyes and one person is picked to hide the heart. (The yarn always has to hang out and not be hidden, to make it a little easier to find.)
- After the heart is hidden everyone can start looking for it.
- The person who finds it gets to hide it the next time.
This can be done with any holiday. You could make shamrocks, Easter eggs, a Santa Claus. Just use your imagination and have fun!