Space - Make a Constellation
Karen LaVarnway, teaches preschool ages 3-5
Young children can experiment with star stickers, chalk and construction paper while developing fine motor skills.
- blue or black construction paper
- 8-10 star stickers per child
- Talk to the children about stars and constellations and/or read books.
- Give each child paper, stickers, and chalk.
- Have them place their stickers scattered around the paper.
- Take the chalk and connect the stars.
You have a constellation, and if displayed all together, it looks like the sky with a lot of stars and constellations!
This activity was a big hit and develops fine motor skills at the same time---most children did at least two! Have fun!