All About Pigs
Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
Students will learn to spell and sound out the word pigs.
- Book: Pigs by Rozanne Lanczak Williams
- White construction paper with an outline of a pig on it
- Pink paint
- Numbers on little pigs from 1 to 10
- A copy of all the pages below for each child to make a packet for home
- Make a literacy take home packet. On each page of white paper it should have these instructions on the top of each page as listed below.
- Title Page: Literacy Take Home Activity for Pigs
- Page 2: Draw a picture of a shoe for your pigs.
- Page 3: Draw a picture of a door for your pigs.
- Page 4: Draw a picture with pigs with sticks in their mouths.
- Page 5: Draw a gate for your pigs.
- Page 6: Draw a picture of a pig pen for your pigs.
If you feel this would be too hard for your students make an outline of each of these items for them to color themselves.
- Have a piece of paper attached to this activity with 15-20 pigs on the page. Just find a picture of a pig in a coloring book or something and shrink it on a copy machine.
- Number the pigs from 1 to 10 on the pig page they take home.
- Have the children color their pigs and color all their drawings in the literacy packet and then they can retell the story of Pigs to their family at home!