Picture Frame Craft
Preschool, K, 1-2, 3-5
Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
Make a picture frame gift for parents or other special people. Great for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparents' Day, etc.
To make a picture frame for parents.
- large thick craft sticks
- small beads or any small type of items to put on picture frame (such as something that sparkles or shines that can be glued on)
- glitter paint
- paint brushes
- picture for frame
- magnet strips that can be cut to 1 inch for each frame to be made
- clear tape
- Take 4 craft sticks and pick 1 or 2 colors of glitter paint to paint the craft sticks with. Let dry.
- After the four craft sticks are dry, glue them together to make a square or a rectangle to fit your picture. Glue the corners on the craft sticks to form the shape you want.
- Try to make the frame just a little bit bigger than your picture. Be sure to check the picture to make sure it's going to fit in the frame. If the frame is a little too big tape the picture onto construction paper and then put it into the frame and tape the entire thing onto the back of the frame.
- After the craft sticks are together and dry, start to glue the decorations to your frame. You might also want to write something with a permanent marker onto the frame. One thing to definitely write on it is the year it was made. If this is being done for a holiday you should put Happy Mothers Day or whatever is appropriate.
- After the decorations are put on, turn the frame over and glue your picture onto all the sides of the frame.
- Glue a magnet strip on the back of the frame, at the top in the middle of the stick. This way it will stick on the refrigerator all the time as a decoration.
- This can also be done as a decoration for an ornament for the Christmas Tree. The only difference is to attach a string to the picture frame so it can be hung from a tree.
Be creative with your frames. Encourage the children to make a pattern and follow it on sides of the picture frame.