Making a Paper Kite
Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
This is nice craft to use as a bulletin board display.
Students will be able to
- --name different colors
- --cut and tape a string to a small paper kite.
- A story about wind: (Try The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins)
- heavy construction paper
- different color pieces of yarn
- different colored small cut squares of tissue paper
- paint brushes (small)
- After reading a story about the wind, make a kite.
- Give the children a piece of construction paper with an outline of a kite (a diamond shape).
- Have the children cut out the kite shape.
- Next, the child uses a paintbrush to brush on water, and sticks pieces of tissue paper onto the kite.
- Have the child choose a piece of colored yarn to tape onto the back of the kite.
- Let the kite dry, then pick off all the pieces of tissue paper. The kite will be many colors!!