Make Your Own Books
Preschool, K, 1-2
Amy, Kindergarten Teacher
These are directions of how to create a book that serves many purposes. I use these for word families, Mother's Day books, etc.... I have also written alphabet letters on each page and had the kids draw a picture of something that starts with that letter. (Make sure you try first how much adding machine tape you need for 26 letters). They have numerous uses. Enjoy.
How to create a book that serves many purposes.
- 2 index cards cut into squares. Use the unlined ones, colored or plain. Cut them a little larger than the width of adding machine tape. (This is per child.)
- 1 12" piece of curling ribbon
- a yardsticks-length of adding machine tape
- Glue one of the index card squares in the middle of the curling ribbon through the middle of the index card.
- Attach one end of the adding machine tape and continue to accordian fold the paper.
- Glue the other index card to the end of the adding machine tape after you have accordian folded it all.
- Take the curling ribbon and tie it in a bow on top of the other index card.
- You now have a book with a cover and pages.