Paula Diekhoff, preschool teacher
This is a large motor activity. Editor's Note: This activity could be used to show feelings, or modified to have students guess what feeling the child in the chair is showing.
- 2 chairs
- 2 empty picture frames, minus glass and backing (or, make 2 cardboard frames)
- Divide the class into two teams.
- At the signal, the first player from each team runs to a chair, picks up the picture frame, sits, and "makes a face" while holding the frame.
- Then, the player puts the frame down on the chair and runs to tag the next team player.
- Keep repeating the procedure until all have had a turn.
Examine real picture frames for sharp edges. I have found that wooden frames work the best.
Paper plate faces with different feelings on them, such as happy, sad, mad.