Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
Create a fish aquarium to help young children practice colors and counting.
The students will
--make an aquarium for fish out of construction paper.
--count the number of fish in their aquarium.
--recognize colors of their fish.
- Foam meat trays (blue if possible)
- construction paper in several different colors
- a pattern of a small fish shape
- Have students pick out 2 different colors of construction paper for their fish.
- Have them trace around the fish pattern and then cut out small fish.
- Put glue in a wave pattern on the blue meat tray (the aquarium!) and have the students put silver glitter on the glue.
- Then as the student glues on several colored fish, have him or her count the fish.
- Also ask the student how many fish of each color he or she put in the aquarium.
- The students can also name the fish they glued in their aquarium.
After the students are done, discuss how important it is to feed fish daily and to clean out fish tanks so the fish stay healthy.